Course detailsVskills certification in foreign exchange introduces candidates to various aspects of the largest financial market in the world, trading, bank's foreign exchange and treasury department, risk management, macroeconomic parameters and practical aspects of foreign exchange markets. A Vskills Certified foreign exchange professional finds employment in various retail banks, investment banks, research firms, and treasury departments of various ;
Why should one take this certification?
To demonstrate a clear understanding of foreign exchange and practical aspects of foreign exchange markets and to get a visible recognition for this knowledge
Who will benefit from taking this certification?
Students looking to find employment in treasury departments of bank trading foreign exchange, research departments of banks and corporate treasuries, teachers of finance, managers of companies who wish to understand foreign exchange, owners of small and medium export-import firms who want to have a better control over their foreign exchange exposure and anyone having interest in the Foreign Exchange Markets.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- What is Foreign Exchange
- Why is foreign exchange important to us?
- What is a foreign Exchange market?
- Foreign Exchange as a Financial Market
- Foreign Exchange is an OTC Market (Over The Counter)
- Market Participants
- Gold Standard
- Main Stages of Recent Foreign Exchange Development
- Important landmarks of Currency Markets
- Rates of Exchange
- Primary and Counter Currency
- Market Maker and Market Taker
- Bid/Offer Rate
- Middle Rate
- Cross Rates
- Factors affecting exchange rate fluctuations
- Supply and demand
- The Balance of Payments
- Confidence and speculation
- Central bank intervention
- Exchange Control
- Interest rate differentials
- Leads and Lags
- Hot Money
- Major Currencies
- Fixed, Floating and Dirty Float
- Trading Terminology
- Effect of fluctuations in exchange rates: exposure and foreign exchange risk
- Exchange Rate Risk
- Interest Rate Risk
- Credit Risk
- Country Risk
- How to manage your risk
- Spot Market
- Forwards Market
- Currency Forward Swaps
- Futures Market
- Strategies using Currency Futures
- Hedging using Currency Futures
- Speculation in Currency Futures
- Currency Options
- Product Specification
- Uses of Currency Futures at NSE
- Clearing, Settlement and Risk Management
- Economic Fundamentals: Theories of Exchange Rate Determination
- Economic Indicators
- Financial and Sociopolitical Factors
- The Fundamentals of Technical Analysis
- Types of charts
- Trends, Support and Resistance
- Trend Reversal Patterns
- Trend Continuation Patterns
- Fibonacci Analysis and Elliott Waves Theory
- The Elliott Waves
- Role of Treasury
- Front Office
- Back Office
- Credit Control
- Investment Bank
- Largest Full-Service Investment Banks that hire Foreign Exchange Traders and Analyst
Vskills is the largest certification body of India. It conducts skills testing and certification exam to improve employability. Candidates use Vskills Certifications, which are well recognized in the Industry, as certification of skills and knowledge.
Companies have benefitted by hiring pre-certified candidates from Vskills and also use the certifications for their in house employee appraisals. The certification body is affiliated to various organizations and is managed professionally by IIM Alumni.
Tests are conducted in a secure and unbiased manner, and certificates are awarded based on merit of the candidates who qualify tests.
Vskills certifications are for relevant qualifications that help students/employees quantify and prove those skills that are valued by the employer and are in great demand.