Course detailsVskills Certification in Equity Research focuses on developing the necessary skills for the purpose of advising investors and financial institutions to make profitable investment decisions in the capital market by providing a brief overview of the global markets and an understanding of the stock market movements. The certification assesses the candidate's qualitative and quantitative skills for stock evaluation, analyzing and interpretation of annual reports and the basic techniques of valuation.
Why should one take this certification?
This certification is intended for professionals and graduates wanting to excel in the field of equity research and valuation. It is also well suited for those who are already working and would like to take certification for further career progression.
Vskills Certification in Equity Research is for those candidates looking for opportunities in equity research and valuation division. The certification can help candidate differentiate in today's competitive job market, broaden their employment opportunities by displaying their advanced skills, and result in higher earning potential.
Who will benefit from taking this certification?
Job seekers looking to find employment in investment houses, brokerage firms, KPOs, insurance firms etc, students generally wanting to improve their skill set and make their CV stronger and existing employees looking for a better role can prove their employers the value of their skills through this certification.
Companies that hire Vskills Certified Equity Research Analyst
Vskills Certified Equity Research Analyst might find employment in big or small investment houses, mutual funds, insurance houses, brokerage firms or KPO, Venture Capital and Credit Rating firms.
Table of Contents
- Goals of Equity Research
- Elements of Equity Research
- Process of Equity Research
- Types of Research
- Classification of Stocks and Market participants
- Concept of Equity Markets and Valuation
- Role of Analyst
- Role of Equity Research in Capital Market
- Different approaches of Equity Research
- Need and advantages of economic analysis
- Inter-relationship between Stock Markets and Macroeconomy
- Index and Indicators
- Interest Rates
- Fiscal and Monitory Policy
- Fundamentals of Business Finance, Analysis and Investment
- Financial Management
- Financial Evaluation of Investments
- Evaluating Marketable Securities
- Financial Decisions
- Capital Structure
- Value and Capital Budgeting
- Corporate Financial Planning
- Cash and Credit Management
- Competitive Business Strategies
- Tools and Policies in Industrial Analysis
- Porter’s Five Force Analysis and Generic Strategies
- Industrial Forces
- Management System and Business Analysis
- Types of Financial Statements
- Sources of data for Financial Statements
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Growth Rate Sustainability
- Cash Flow Valuation Process
- Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
- Arbitrage Pricing Theory (APT)
- Understanding Competition and Revenue Drivers
- Concept of valuation
- Models of valuation
- Technique of valuation
- Forecasting and Growth Rate Analysis
- Preparing Research Reports
- Discount cash Flow Valuation Model
- Dividend Discount Models
- Gordon Growth Model
- Free Cash Flow Models
- Relative Valuation Models
Updated on 31 January, 2019
Vskills is the largest certification body of India. It conducts skills testing and certification exam to improve employability. Candidates use Vskills Certifications, which are well recognized in the Industry, as certification of skills and knowledge.
Companies have benefitted by hiring pre-certified candidates from Vskills and also use the certifications for their in house employee appraisals. The certification body is affiliated to various organizations and is managed professionally by IIM Alumni.
Tests are conducted in a secure and unbiased manner, and certificates are awarded based on merit of the candidates who qualify tests.
Vskills certifications are for relevant qualifications that help students/employees quantify and prove those skills that are valued by the employer and are in great demand.