The NEBOSH International General Certificate concentrates on local legal requirements, incorporating international standards (such as ILO Codes of Practice) and general principles of good practice, making it relevant to personnel all over the world. It has been designed for managers, supervisors and employee representatives and is ideal for anyone who wants to establish a career in health and safety.
What does the qualification cover?
The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) covers the principles relating to health and safety, identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical application of this knowledge. The IGC syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international standards, such as the International Labour Organisation (ILO) codes of practice. Local laws and cultural factors may form part of the study programme where relevant and appropriate.
The qualification also features a practical workplace assessment.
The International General Certificate is pided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Management of international health and safety (IGC1)
- Control of international workplace hazards (IGC2)
- International health and safety practical application (IGC3)
- Identify hazards
- Advise on actions to minimize fire risks
- Able to review, monitor and assist in preparation of developing Health & Safety Policy
- I nvestigate accident / incidents
- Identify Health & Safety Legislation main requirements
- Maintaining Records
- Undertake Workplace Inspections
- Understanding of Human and Organizational Factors
- Health And Safety Foundations
- Organising For Health And Safety
- Promoting A Positive Health And Safety Culture
- Risk Assessment
- Principles Of Control
- Movement Of People And Vehicles - Hazards And Control
- Manual And Mechanical Handling Hazards And Control
- Work Equipment Hazards And Control
- Electrical Hazards And Control
- Fire Hazards And Control
- Chemical And Biological Health Hazards And Control
- Physical And Psychological Health Hazards And Control
- Construction Activities - Hazards And Control
- Incident Investigation, Recording And Reporting
- Monitoring, Review And Audit
- Part A consists of two examination papers A1 - The Management of Health and Safety and A2- Controlling Workplace Hazards.
- Part B is a practical assessment carrying out a workplace inspection. On completion of this candidates have to prepare a report detailing the findings and persuasively urge management to take appropriate action.
We_They will be a globally recognized partner for creating superior values and excellence in enabling varied business interests of Consultancy Services with a robust and state-of-the-art in training development capabilities, superior service, and innovation, uninterrupted.
We_They will be a globally recognized partner for creating superior values and excellence in enabling varied business interests and timely support fostering growth and diversificationSee all Eurolink Safety courses
NEBOSH Related Questions
Unanswered //Oct 13, 2016 NEBOSH
I am 33 years old and my education level is grade 10 + 2 years working in DEWA. I'm interested in...
Unanswered //Oct 13, 2016 Health and Safety