- Duration / Course length: 40 Hours Start now
- Accredited by: IAO
- Course delivery: This course is delivered in video format
Sea Freight forwarding requires specialized knowledge not only in shipping industry but also in Customs, International Trade, Dangerous goods and other industries such as Air Cargo, Surface Logistics. Sea Cargo also offers ample of employment opportunities world over. This course is aimed at those who aspire to work in Sea Freight Industry by acquiring all the necessary knowledge. The course is also beneficial for freight forwarders, new exporters and importers and will introduce students to the terminology and basic processes including quotations, freight calculations, preparation of documentation, cargo booking, processing and post shipment controls.
- After completing this course you should be able to:
- Understand functioning of Sea Freight Forwarding & Clearing Concepts
- Know the process of Clearing & Forwarding
- Familiarize with Sea Freight Terminology
- Gain knowledge of Bill of Lading, Contract of Carriage
- Know international regulations such as Hague Visby rules, Hamburg rules etc.
- Gain knowledge of Inco-terms
- Understand different components of Sea Freight rates
- Prepare documentation relating to sea freight shipments,
- Be aware of dangerous good regulations and terms of sale
- Sea Freight Forwarder
- Freight Forwarding Terminology
- Sea Freight Clearing & Forwarding Operation
- Bill of Lading
- International Regulations
- Freight Rates
- Shipping Containers & Leasing
- Marking, Labeling & Placarding
- Marine Insurance
- Customs Clearance
About Trade-wings Institute of Management
Trade-wings Institute of Management brings learning on your fingertips. Learn anywhere, anytime with OnlineTravelEdu.
Why Choose Us
We provide professional and practical courses in Aviation, Travel, Tourism, Hospitality, Air Cargo & Logistics which meet industry standards.
TIM received IATA / UFTAA authorization which came in 1993. TIM was well received by the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality industry and many of its students were employed in various areas of the industry, not only in India but even in Middle East, North America, Europe & Far East.
Today, Over 50,000 of TIM students are working for various Travel Agencies, Tour Operators, Airlines, Hotels, Airline Revenue Accounting companies and Tourism organizations all over India and worldwide. TIM has regular interaction with the industry through various forums & associations of the industry in which TIM is well established as an active member.