- Duration: 1 1/2 Years
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) was founded in 1904 and is now one of the largest professional accountancy body recognised internationally with over 428,000 students and 162,000 members operating in 173 countries. Consequently, graduates of the ACCA, with the relevant approved practical experiences, can act as public accountants, both locally and internationally.
ACCA students who have completed Fundamentals Level (Knowledge module and Skills module) of the ACCA examinations will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University (OBU) upon completion of a Research and Analysis Project assessed by OBU, UK. The Oxford Brookes B. Sc (Hons) Degree in Applied Accounting is a highly regarded qualification, which is based on practical, professional, employer-driven accounting requirements. It enables students to prove that not only have they mastered the knowledge required for the degree, but also that they have the key skills required by employers.
Upon completion of ACCA Professional Scheme and three years of relevant, and supervised practical experience, graduates will obtain ACCA status. They can then apply to become members of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MA), enabling them to use the prestigious designatory initials CA(M) or Chartered Accountant (Malaysia).
Structured Teaching and Learning Approaches
- Sunway-TES has a structured approach in imparting knowledge to its students. Each paper consists of a minimum of 24-32 lectures and 8 tutorials, comprising 2 lectures per week of 3 hours each. Attendance is mandatory for all lectures and tutorials.
- Exam Driven / Exam Focus classes for each paper are compulsory, comprising a minimum of 12 to 24 hours per paper. These sessions provide and discuss past exam questions and techniques.
- In addition, each paper consists of 3 internal exams. These internal exams are indicators of students' progress in their studies.
- Graduates with relevant practical experience may be employed in an organisation of their choice - international professional services firms, multinational conglomerates, and private and public sectors. They may even be self-employed and manage their own business in any industry or sector.
- A career in finance will not put you in a box or limit your options. With the right qualification - ACCA - you can gain employment in any country. Accountancy is one of the few professions that transcend national borders. Finance professionals are in demand in places far afield internationally.
About AB Maximus Training
AB Maximus & Co Pte Ltd was founded in 1996 as a training consultancy specialising in Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) preparatory classes. Our company is one of the leading providers of professional training and continuing education programmes for capital markets professionals in Southeast Asia. We also organise investor education and financial literacy programmes in the region.See all AB Maximus Training courses