Asperger Syndrome Awareness DiplomaThe Asperger Syndrome Awareness course is beneficial for practitioners and parents or anyone with an interest in Autism who wishes to improve their knowledge and skill in the area.We give some basic tips and strategies for supporting people with Asperger Syndrome.We discuss the history of Asperger’s as a syndrome; definitions of Asperger syndrome and what makes it different from other autistic spectrum disorders.The myths and fallacies about Asperger syndrome will be explored.We also include the range of conditions which people with ASD often have alongside their main diagnosis.We examine the current understanding of the biological basis of Asperger syndrome and why it tends to have a high heritability. We will also examine why there are gender differences in the presentation of Asperger’s in men and women.For people working or wishing to work with people who have Asperger syndrome, we have advice on the therapeutic and educational techniques which have been used, developed or adapted to help support people with Asperger syndrome.By the end of this course you will have an overview of the characteristics, diagnosis and the effects of having Asperger syndrome on individuals with the syndrome and how this presents challenges to them, as individuals, in the context of school and work and also the implications for family and loved ones.
What You Will LearnYou will also understand some basic tips and strategies for supporting people with Asperger Syndrome.The course will cover:
- What is Asperger syndrome and how is it defined?
- The History of Research into Asperger syndrome and How it is Diagnosed
- The Causes of Asperger syndrome
- The Effects of Asperger syndrome
- Techniques for coping with AS
- Issues for Adolescents and Young Adults with AS
- Adults with Asperger Syndrome
- How to handle Asperger syndrome while in the workplace
- Famous people with Asperger syndrome
- Support for people with Asperger syndrome
Benefits of the Asperger Syndrome Awareness DiplomaThere are a number of benefits to those who complete the course and earn their diplomas.These include:
- The ability to study from anywhere and at any time, even when at work or away from home.
- The option to study as quickly or slowly as you wish, as there is no time limit for the course.
- The capability to study from any device including computers, mobile phones, or tablets.
- An easy to understand course structure, which is broken down into short modules.
- The convenience of support when you require it, all online.
- A full syllabus, which virtually guarantees that you will get the knowledge you require to work and support those with Asperger syndrome, both in your personal and professional lives.
- Improving prospects when applying for work or volunteer opportunities with those who have Asperger syndrome.
- An affordable pricing structure.
- Upon completion, you will receive a certified diploma.
About New Skills Academy
In November of 2013, a single question was asked: ‘What do you want to learn?’ From there, a vision was born of comprehensive, high quality, and affordable online course availability. The name behind that vision was New Skills Academy.
When it comes to online schools, there are plenty, but at New Skills Academy we distinguish ourselves amongst the competition with our dedication to your long-term goals. If you are entering a job market for the first time, or seeking a new career, we will provide you with the fast and efficient online support you need to make your dreams a reality.
Our expertly designed courses, detailed lesson plans and student testimonials all attest to the fact that we take great pride in our course offerings and provide only the best for our students. Often, people dream of pursuing a degree or certification but never find the time to follow through. We know life gets busy, which is why our customers can take our courses online from anywhere while still working. Students can access our courses from a PC, mobile phone or tablet; this means you can learn anywhere you go.
Our students’ reputation matters, which is why all of our online courses have been reviewed and certified in partnership with qualified industry experts. For added security and peace of mind, all of our courses have been approved by CPD.