Anxiety Awareness Diploma CourseAnxiety is one of the biggest mental health conditions experienced by thousands of British citizens every year. While anxiety helps us evaluate our responses to dangers and threats, it can turn into a problem when it becomes the norm rather than the exception. The anxiety awareness course is designed to promote awareness regarding the nature of anxiety, the causes, symptoms and treatments.Self-awareness plays a crucial role in helping us understand our fears, insecurities and beliefs. In addition, anxiety awareness also empowers you to help loved ones. The causes, signs and treatments explained in the Anxiety Awareness Course will help you understand the condition in its entirety.
What you will learn in the Anxiety Awareness Course
- The nature of anxiety and why we feel anxious about different events. You will understand how anxiety can help motivate and spur you on to achieve and how a chronic problem can deplete your self-confidence
- There are a lot of connections between modern day lifestyles and anxiety disorders. The fast pace, job pressures and frantic socialising can trigger perennial bouts of anxiety. You will learn to identify common triggers
- There are several causes of anxiety, including psychological, physiological or personal reasons. The treatment for anxiety will vary depending on the cause.
- Different types of anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, GERD, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
- The different effects of anxiety, including psychological, emotional and physical effects. You will learn how anxiety can progress from a mild and sporadic condition to a chronic or acute condition. You will also learn about the different ways in which anxiety can manifest itself in physical ways
- The causes, symptoms and treatments for GERD or Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Causes, symptoms and treatments for panic attacks
- The causes, signs and treatments for social anxiety as well as anxiety at work
- How to care for a loved one who suffers from anxiety
- Psychological therapy (CBT) and different medications to manage anxiety
- Alternative treatments for anxiety, including mindfulness practices, yoga, meditation and counselling. You will also learn about how hypnosis can help people help themselves
- The different centres and clinics in the UK that offer guidance, assistance and treatments for anxiety
Benefits of taking the Anxiety Awareness Diploma course
- Increasing our awareness about anxiety, its causes and effects helps to understand people who suffer from the condition
- Whether it is for yourself or a loved one, you will be in a better position to identify triggers and manage the condition better
- Understanding the nature and effects of anxiety prevents us from trivialising the harrowing experience of another person; we are able to appreciate what they are going through
- We are able to perform better at work without insecurity or worry
- You are able to enjoy higher levels of self-confidence and self-esteem
- By learning how to manage anxiety, you can help yourself and others live a happier, peaceful and more fulfilling life
Job roles this course is suitable for:Anxiety Awareness Diploma
About New Skills Academy
In November of 2013, a single question was asked: ‘What do you want to learn?’ From there, a vision was born of comprehensive, high quality, and affordable online course availability. The name behind that vision was New Skills Academy.
When it comes to online schools, there are plenty, but at New Skills Academy we distinguish ourselves amongst the competition with our dedication to your long-term goals. If you are entering a job market for the first time, or seeking a new career, we will provide you with the fast and efficient online support you need to make your dreams a reality.
Our expertly designed courses, detailed lesson plans and student testimonials all attest to the fact that we take great pride in our course offerings and provide only the best for our students. Often, people dream of pursuing a degree or certification but never find the time to follow through. We know life gets busy, which is why our customers can take our courses online from anywhere while still working. Students can access our courses from a PC, mobile phone or tablet; this means you can learn anywhere you go.
Our students’ reputation matters, which is why all of our online courses have been reviewed and certified in partnership with qualified industry experts. For added security and peace of mind, all of our courses have been approved by CPD.