Course details"Aesthetic/Cosmetic Medicine (CM)" is a branch of medicine, distinct from plastic surgery. It comprises all medical procedures in the field of Aesthetics excluding all surgical procedures. CM usually intervenes in the treatment of wrinkles and scars, pigmentary spots and aging of the face, hands and neck. Although CM procedures are non-surgical but they involve the use of medications, drugs, chemical compounds or laser procedures, which are injected or applied on the skin. It must only be practiced by qualified physicians, trained to use a number of procedures. The practitioner of "CM" should be well trained in the proper use of Aesthetic drugs, their pharmacology and adverse effects. This course is a "Level One" course introducing participants to the principles and essential skills of cosmetic medicine and ethics of its practice. This course will be followed by more advanced courses which build on the basic principles.
By completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the pathophysiology of ageing and how it can be ;
- Recognize the scope and limitations of CM and ethics of ;
- Develop skills in professional communication with clients
- Understand the pharmacology of drugs and compounds used in CM including Botulinum Toxin, fillers and chemical peeling, indications and ;
- Develop skills in injecting and using Aesthetic drugs and synthetic fillers
- Blending basic medical sciences like anatomy and pathophysiology with ;
- Hands-on experience with ;
- Highly experienced faculty
Physicians from different specialities who are interested in developing competence in Aesthetic/ Cosmetic Medicine.
- Anatomy of the face
- Botulinum Toxin Injections
- Histology of Skin/Pathophysiology of Skin Aging
- Chemical Peeling and Hands-on Practice
- Hands-on Practice: Botox Injection
- Live Demonstration and Hands-on Practice on Peelings
- Dermal Fillers and Hands-on Practice on Fillers
- Trends in Aesthetic Laser
- Demonstration of Ablative and Non-Ablative Laser Techniques
About The University of Sharjah Clinical and Surgical Training Center
The University of Sharjah Clinical and Surgical Training Center encompass Sharjah Surgical Institute (SSI), Clinical Training Centre (CTC), Laser Training and research Centre and Samsung-Medison Ultrasound Centre. The facility is state-of-the-art training complex for health care professionals in the region, which is regarded as one of the best training facility in the MENA region. The centre is equipped with top quality laparoscopic and endoscopic surgery facility using animal, dry lab and virtual reality platforms.
It is the University of Sharjah first “Special Unit” a cost center, which achieved financial independence and sustainability from the first year of operation.
Since its inauguration in May 2010 the centre has conducted 301 surgical and clinical training courses involving more than 4,830 doctors, nurses and other health professionals from UAE, GCC, Middle East, India and Pakistan as well as some African Countries.
Our centers are accredited provider of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) by UAE Health Authorities. All courses offered at all the centers are awarded CPD points commensurate with the length and quality of courses. This service has enhanced the status of the Centers.
Our training activities are accredited by international professional institutions including American Heart Association, Royal College of Surgeons of England/ Glasgow and Ireland, International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO), European Surgical Association and Fotona Laser Academy. The Ultrasound courses is being considered by WINFOCUS.
Training curriculum follows standards of American Heart Association, American College of Surgeons, European Surgical Institute , ITLS international , Royal College of Surgeons and Advanced Life Support Group.
Healthcare and Medical Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.