- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
Students will learn the more advanced programming skills and techniques that they can use to optimize their Windows Store app and differentiate their app from other apps in the Windows Store.
- Windows Store App Essentials
- Implementing Animations and Transitions
- Implementing Globalization and Localization
- Branding and a Seamless User Interface
- Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App
- Creating Reusable Controls and Components
- Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios
- The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Capturing Media
- Background Tasks
- Working with Sensors and Devices
- Generating Revenue with your App
- Securing Windows Store App Data
- Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Add animations and transitions in a Windows Store app to improve the user experience.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI.
- Brand the Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their Windows Store app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- Work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- Capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Implement Windows Store trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Understand how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows Store apps.
- Diagnose problems and monitor application behavior using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1 or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses