- Price USD 7,900
- Duration 12 Days
- Call +971 4 2753240
- Locations Knowledge Village
Project Management Institute (PMI) has reviewed and approved GLOMACS as a Global Provider of project management training. This is a PMI Approved/Registered programme and hence attendance to this programme will enable those credentialed with PMI to receive applicable PDUs upon updating their status with PMI.
This course is unique in the market as it helps the participants to get ready for the PMP Exam; not to mention the business application portion that ensure the pragmatic implementation of the project management methodology. It will correlate the exam questions with a practical workshop to cover the daily business activities.
This course is intended for candidates undertaking the Project Management Institute (PMI)® Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination. The designation title PMP® is an internationally accepted recognition of project management knowledge and professionalism of the successful candidate. In ever increasing numbers, organizations are turning to project management to help them gain competitive advantage.
It will emphasize awareness of project risk management to minimize project cost/schedule overruns & improve project execution.
Project management is all about the management of risks; the ability to seize opportunities, minimize threats and to optimize results. However, risk management is too often treated as a reactive process, or worse, not done at all.
Highlights of the course are:
- The course is developed and facilitated by a professional subject expert with extensive industrial experience and academic background.
- Course emphasis is on providing practical skills in rationalizing proper managerial actions, as in the case of typical PMP® examination multiple-choice questions.
- Get to interact with other delegates and build a learning network for industrial experience and for the PMP® examination
- Understanding the behavioural and ethical aspects of professional project managers to exercise proper judgement in the decision-making process.
- Examine both the threats and opportunities facing your projects from both a top-down and bottom-up perspective using a proven six-step risk management process.
- Evaluate and respond to risk at the project as well as the task levels.
- Anticipate possible causes of cost and schedule overruns, together with poor quality of work. By identifying the warning signs to these as early as possible in the project timely corrective action can be taken to minimize or mitigate the impact.
Discussions of case studies and exercises emphasizing the learning across the five process groups and the professional responsibility domain.
The seminar is split into two modules:
MODULE I - The Project Management Professional (PMP)® Examination Preparatory Course
MODULE II - Project Risk Management & Compliance
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a two-week seminar.
The course helps in
- Building confidence to immediately take the PMP® examination upon the conclusion of the course.
- Providing tips to delegates to answer difficult multiple-choice questions.
- Creating a study technique and setting up a network of learners or group study.
- Practising answering questions like in the real examination during the classes and outside classes.
- Rationalizing answers to examination questions.
- Get an overview of the Risk Management Process
- Learn to identify risks that affect project quality, time & schedule, cost and scope
- Apply useful techniques to identify, analyze, mitigate and monitor risks in the project life cycle
- Learn how to create an effective risk monitoring plan and risk management strategies.
- Use a practical, six-step process to manage project risk
- Develop a risk budget based on expected monetary value (EMV)
The Facilitator through presentations will give the participants help and guidance during the pre-examination process and the sessions are challenging and practical through the use of simulated test questions and answers where learning comes with a test of 15 key and very challenging questions upon the completion of each module.
The training methodology will incorporate as well both theory and skill training components, utilizing both traditional lectures, as well as hands-on exercises, group discussions and case studies.
Both private and public organizations will greatly benefit from systematic approach to managing project, which will improve the likelihood of on-time and on-budget project completion by focusing on:
- Excelling in project management practice and increasing organisational maturity
- Equipping employees in refining abilities for project leadership and management
- Gaining confidence from customers by having project professionals having a world-renown professional certification in project management
- Risk management planning in line with project objectives
- Proactive identification of risk sources and minimization of their impact
- Knowledge of risk compliance issues and practices
- Understanding the relationship between risk, scope, cost & time
- Knowledge of mathematical techniques used in risk analysis
- Evaluating alternative risk strategies and modifying project plans accordingly
Participants will benefit from:
- Becoming an expert in project management practice
- Gaining confidence and professional insights needed for a project management career
- Applying best practices that apply to diverse projects in multiple industries
- Obtaining a world-renown professional certification in project management
- Passing the PMP® examination could boost the earning potential by developing project management skills
- Project management experience can open up the doors to rapid promotion
Who Should Attend?
Associate project managers, project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members
Project management professionals planning on taking the PMP Exam
GLOMACS is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Training and Consultancy Company, established to cater to the ever increasing needs of people & their performance in the corporate world. Since its inception, GLOMACS has successfully delivered wide range of courses combining public and in-house training programmes benefiting thousands. With its immense choice of consultants GLMACS, successfully covers and delivers courses in 4 continents spanning the Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa and is on the growth scale to add more international and strategic locations.
GLOMACS has an outstanding record for deliverance and has successfully delivered over 2,600 courses aiding professional development for over 700 clients and with more than over 28,000 professionals, by the courses it has provided.
Vision & Mission
GLMACS vision is to promote and enhance competency through practical programmes and events that reflect the latest thinking.
Whereas, their mission is to contribute to the region's advancement and transformation to a knowledge-based society through the provision of programmes of the highest caliber, which directly address the current needs and demands of both individuals and industry.
They take pride in their ability to respond quickly to market needs and provide them with quality learning programmes that are dynamic, leading edge and up to date.
Vision and mission are based on a set of values to which all GLOMACS Associates adhere:
- Know our customers and strive to surpass their expectations.
- Keep customer satisfaction as the only viable measure of success.
- Be the innovators in our business, presenting new ideas in topic and format to our customers.
- Lead the development of training and consultancy in the Middle East through technology transfer.
- Bring vital expertise of the highest quality to develop the region’s skills and knowledge base.
- Support our vibrant economy by creating links in the wider knowledge economy.
- Maintain a work environment that enhances entrepreneurial spirit, work ethics and teamwork within GLOMACS
Project Management Related Questions
Could you please guide me, as what are the requirements for taking Quantity Surveying course? I w...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 Project Management, Quantity Surveying