- Locations: Knowledge Village
- Duration: 1 Day
As facilitation becomes more widely known and practised, expectations grow about the facilitator's competence. Advanced Facilitation Skills is a one-day practical course that gives you an opportunity to explore tools and techniques, gain feedback in practice sessions, extend your knowledge and skills and build your confidence in dealing with challenging situations.
Run as it features here, or run in-house where the content can be tailored to suit your organisational needs; cost effective if a number of people require training.
Who is it for
Advanced Facilitation Skills is for those that have facilitation experience, or have completed the Facilitation Skills course.
By the end of the Advanced Facilitation Skills course, you will be able to:
- explore tools and techniques in advanced facilitation
- competently facilitate challenging situations through practise and feedback
- practise challenging facilitating sessions using a range of tools
- more confidently deal with difficult scenarios and build more effective approaches
The course is highly participative and interactive with opportunities to gain feedback from the tutor and other course members. There will also be a mixture of group discussions, group work and exercises.
What is successful facilitation?
- quiz and plenary discussion
- facilitation practise (the skills of facilitation) followed by feedback and debrief.
Tools and processes
- creating a toolkit
- facilitation practise followed by feedback and debrief.
Facilitation models and tools
- models of thinking, planning tools, creating synergy and climate analyses
- examination of different models
- exercise: Measuring the climate.
Personal skills development
- understanding the impact we have on others
- listening, insight questioning, rapport building
- practical exercises.
Designing high impact events to achieve successful outcomes
- exercise: Designing the process for workshops and other events using a range of tools - facilitation practice.
Dealing with difficult people and situations
- dealing with barriers to gaining agreement: provocation and other catalytic techniques Transaction analysis
- he behaviour laboratory: exercises to practice working with tough situations.
The CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development, is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in HR and L&D for more than 100 years and we already have more than 2,000 members operating in the Middle East.
CIPD have designed and delivered training programmes in over 50 countries worldwide and provide development programmes for over 15,000 learners a year.See all CIPD courses