The ability to create and understand financial models is one of the most valued skills in business and finance today. Microsoft Excel with Visual Basic for Application (VBA) macros programming has been the dominant vehicle used by finance and corporate professionals in the preparation and utilization of the full range of financial models and other applications. However, as a result of the so called '95/5' rule it can be concluded that 95% of Excel users probably only use a mere 5% of the program's power. Most users know that they could be getting more out of Excel especially by using VBA which would result in them being able to build more flexible, dynamic and professional models.
Unfortunately, this aspect of Excel and VBA often appears to be complex and intimidating. This intensive 5 day workshop starts with basics and progresses in a logical step by step manner to the more complex and rewarding tools needed to build more robust models that save time, reduce unnecessary human errors and customize applications that cumbersome explanations and endless technical background. Delegates will need some basic knowledge of Excel but not of professional modelling or programming.
- The 40 Excel functions that financial modellers use the most
- Best practice in modelling forecasted financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement)
- The powerful combination of arrays, the offset function, the match function and drop down menus
- The danger of using IRR in isolation and possible solutions
- Modelling and automating ratio analysis in Excel
- Various Optimization solutions using Excel Solver (cash and inventory management, capacity planning and capital budgeting)
- Pivot Tables and OLAP tables.
- From the basics of VBA to building a loan amortization table using a VBA macro
- Coding a User Form in VBA to update your database automatically.
- Directors & Senior Managers
- Financial Controllers & Managers
- Financial, Business & Investment Analysts
- Strategic, Business & Financial Planners
- Risk & Treasury Professionals
- Middle Office Staff
- Commercial Managers
- Commercial Bankers
- Portfolio Managers
- Model Auditors
- Company Controllers
- Insolvency Professionals
- Corporate Valuation Specialists
- Project Finance Professionals
- Economists & Quants
- Transaction Advisers
- Business Development Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Successful completion of this course makes you a CFM Certified Financial Modeller. You can use the designation CFM on your business card and resume.
- Membership to the only professional body recognized by the AACSB, the world's leading collection of business schools
- Up to 18 months membership to the IABFM professional body
- Access to the IABFM network and body of information online
- Preferred access to education centers in USA, UK, Europe, Asia, Middle East and Latin America
Access to the IABFM journal published online Gold Embossed Certificate with your name and designation as MIAFM (Member of the International Academy of Business and Financial Management)
How will I be assessed?
CFM™ Examination on the final day of the training
Delegates must meet the following criteria to be eligible to become CFM™:
- Attendance - delegates must attend all sessions of the course. Delegates who miss more than two hours of the course sessions will not be eligible to sit the
- course exam
- Successful completion of the course assessment
- After successfully passing the exam the Certificates will be prepared by the IABFM and will be handed to you on the final day of the workshop.
About LEORON Professional Development Institute
LEORON Professional Development Institute is the leading corporate training company in the emerging markets of Europe, Africa, and Asia. LEORON has grown into one of the most comprehensive training institutes in the EMEA region, offering training solutions in all strategic corporate functions including corporate finance, HR, SCM, operations, sales and marketing, and engineering. With offices in Sweden, Dubai, Riyadh, Skopje, Accra, and Almaty, we run over 500 courses and train over 10000 professionals annually across the EMEA region.
As a leading Competency Based Training Institute, our commitment is to help increase Competitiveness of our clients by strengthening the skills, competencies, and abilities of their employees, assist with the Capacity Building programs and assure continuous Competency upgrade by providing them with knowledge, practical tools and learning systems that are unmatched in the market.
LEORON Professional Development Institute mission is to help corporate clients and government entities worldwide in strengthening the overall competency of their employees by providing them with top quality professional training programs, conducted by unrivaled global experts and implemented by the best training managers in the industry.
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.