This course will provide you with an overview of 6 powerful persuasive techniques to enhance your persuasion.
No matter what your job is, much of your success at work will rely on your ability to influence and persuade others. In other words, get others to say yes to your requests.
This course draws from scientific research from social psychology to present proven persuasive techniques to increase your ability to persuade and influence.
The course comprises over 67 minutes of video comprising 8 self contained lessons and take away support articles.
The course provides over an hour of content structured into 3 sections.
Section 1 provides an insight into the scientific studies of fixed action patterns found in both animals and people. For certain triggers people and animals tend to consistently respond a certain way. Knowing these patterns and how to trigger them can significantly increase the chances that someone will be persuaded by your request.
Section 2 covers each of the 6 mental triggers or shortcuts to persuasion in detail. Each shortcut has a dedicated lesson which:
- defines the shortcut / principle
- outlines the science behind the principle
- provides real world examples of how the principle is applied in practice
- provides tactics or guidelines of how to adopt the principle for use in your own business context.
Section 3 provides a brief summary of the key learnings from the course.
So why take this persuasion techniques course?
- Course is based on the best selling book, "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, with over 1.5million copies sold and regarded as a seminal read on Persuasion.
- Course goes beyond the "what to provide guidelines and tips as to "how you can implement this learning in your own business context
- Unlike many courses, Gerry Hurley is available should you have any queries. Just email him - he's here to help.
- The hope is that this will be a living course. As students digest the content and look to implement in their own business context, it is hoped they will share their experiences through the discussion board so that all can benefit.