To train all personnel to operate Fire- Fighting equipment to a Basic standard of competency.
- Introduction and Registration.
- Aim and Objectives.
- Combustion Theory.
- Sources of Ignition.
- Heat Transfer.
- Classification of Fire.
- Common causes of Fire and Preventive measures.
- Use of Portable Fire Extinguishers.
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Basic principles of the theory of combustion and understand the different classes of fire.
- Understand the different classes of fire.
- Take basic fire preventive measures.
- Identify and use different types of Portable Fire Extinguishers.
- Explain heat transfer.
- Understand sources of ignition.
- Extinguish class “A” and “B” fire using portable fire extinguishers.
Practical Exercise: Use of Portable Fire Extinguishers on different classes of fire.
Target Audience: To all personnel who are employed in an offshore/onshore installations.